140 or Less: Collaborative Note Taking Through PowToon (Part 3)


Collaboration is a buzzword in education and with good reason. It helps our students prepare for tomorrow! In the past, I have created collaborative note taking experiences through Google Presentations. I assigned each group a slide containing a particular set of questions and they were supposed to add to the slide.


Due to permission difficulties within my school, this experience is no longer a possible. With this same idea in mind, I creatively substitute PowToon as a way for my students to collaborate. 

I broke students into groups and assigned each trio the task of creating a brief presentation on a section of our outline. They shared their link on Edmodo and presented their material to the class. Their classmates filled out their note outlines and I acted as a facilitator, asking questions, and highlighting major topics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Tips for Engaging Learners with UDL

Phillip Schlechty (2011) theorized that the highest levels of learner engagement require learners' full attention and commitment. While ...