140 or Less: #PowToon (Part 1)



For my next couple of series, I plan on inspiring you to use new technologies in 140 words or less, because I want to challenge myself to say more with less. Start counting now!

A few weeks ago, I had discussed putting together a toolbox of UDL friendly tools for students to use. Powtoon is a new presentation tool I plan on adding to my toolbox. 


What Is It?

Think of Powtoon as a completely online cross between PowerPoint and Movie Maker, where you can add many of the same presentation elements (text, pictures, animations, sounds, etc.) into your presentation.

A New Way of Engagement
Several weeks ago, I had given my students and assignment. Create a presentation using any medium of your choice. One of my students created a knock out presentation using this free program. Not only is it easy to use, but it engages students in a new way. Now everyone wants to try it!


How can you use it? Stay tuned! 

NOVEMBER IS CLICK FOR A CAUSE MONTH!

Posts for the month of November are dedicated to a little boy named Ayden. He was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and is at Hershey Medical Center receiving treatment. For every time someone visits my blog during the month of November, I am going to donate a penny to his medical fund. 

Several donors have agreed to match this amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Medium is the Message: Using UDL to Provide Multiple Means of Representation

Canadian philosopher and author Marshall McLuhan  introduced the popular phrase “the medium is the message” in his groundbreaking 1964 book ...