Fliphunts are digital scavenger hunts powered by Flipgrid and another tool like Google Docs.
Fliphunts are an amazing way to help students demonstrate their understanding of content in a highly engaging way! Whether students are at home, at school, or in a hybrid situation, they can showcase their understanding anytime and anywhere!
How Do You Create a Fliphunt? Check out my video below:
What are the common elements of effective Fliphunts?
- Fliphunts begin with a learning goal. Ultimately, you are providing students with an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of a concept or content.
- Tasks are often listed in a Google Doc, Word Document, Google Slides, etc.
- Each task should be designed to meet your goal, which is often designed with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Some Fliphunts can take the form of a list of tasks to be completed in order
- Students record themselves performing tasks, answering questions, or finding clues
- Many Fliphunts take a gamified approach and provide students with an opportunity to choose which tasks they will complete. Tasks are often assigned point values and students need to meet a certain number of points.
- Consider using many of Flipgrid's amazing tools to illustrate understanding, such as the drawing tools, adding images, and adding emojis!
- Fliphunts should be fun and hands-on!