AudioPlayer for Slides
The Ed Tech Team recently launched the AudioPlayer for Slides Add-On. This Add-On allows you to embed any audio file (.WAV, MP3, MP4) into your Google Slides presentation.
Not sure how to install?
- Simply, go to the Add-Ons menu in Google Slides.
- Choose Get Add-Ons and search for the AudioPlayer for Slides Add-On.
- Once you have found the Add-On install and give it permission to access your Google account.
- When you are ready to use this tool, visit the Add-Ons menu in Google Slides and choose AudioPlayer for Slides. Then you will need to select Open Files.
- A side menu will appear on your screen. After a few seconds, you will see any uploaded audio files in your Google Drive. Choose your file
- Start playing your file and then choose present.
What I Don't Like
There are several things that I don't like about this tool. First, its current design is disappointing. It is designed to provide background music from your Google Drive. Although this is a cool idea, I don't see how this is any different than using my media player or playing Pandora in the background of my presentation.
Second, it was difficult to understand the concept. When I first found this tool, I though that it would be a great tool to embed audio like PowerPoint. I imagined students being able to click an icon (there currently is NOT a button) and listening to me present a topic, hear a sound effect, or listen to a speech.
If you are looking for a tool to present a slideshow with music, then you should check this out. If not, it might not be worth the install.
CLICKS FOR A CAUSE MONTH!
During the month of November, I need your help to make a difference for Ava and her family! Here is how!
Clicks for a Cause has been helping children in need since 2013! For more information, check out my Clicks for a Cause Page!