SnapShot is a free assessment tool built into Edmodo to help you with this dauntless task. It helps you assess what students know and don't know through a library of questions (aligned to the common core) to choose from.
It provides you an opportunity to pre-assess or give an exit ticket out the door. The best part is that you get real-time data that can help you make adjustments to instruction in no time!
NOTE: This tool is still in its infancy stage, so it is limited on standards it addresses and the types of questions.
How does it work?
There is a how to video at the end of this post, but I do have step-by-step directions below:
1. When you are logged into Edmodo, choose the Snapshot icon and this will direct you to Snapshot.
2. Click Create New Snapshot
3. Next, you will need to choose one of your classes to assess in the Select Student Group portion of the screen.
4. Choose which Common Core Content Area (ELA or Math) to address.
5. Now you will want to find standards that you would like to address. Explore which standards you would like to address and check them. You will have to click on the circle with a plus sign icon and click. This will make it become a checkmark.
6. Once you have found all of the standards you would like to address, it is time to assign your Snapshot. Provide a name, date you want it assigned, and how much time you want students to take.
Edmodo does the rest! Students will receive different sets of questions that meet the need of the standards, so you don't have to worry about cheating!
No matter your content area, it is all of our jobs to prepare students to meet the standards. This is a simple, but meaningful way of doing it.