Blachan Shahi - A Visual Dictionary Site

I am always in search of the latest and greatest tools; however, sometimes it is helpful to revisit the tools that have been around for awhile.

One of my favorite tools is Blachan Shahi - a free visual dictionary.


You can easily use this tool in your classroom by having students enter in a vocabulary term of their choice. They will receive a text definition along with Flickr images.

This is a great way of scaffolding learning for students. They are able to read the text definition of the term, as well as have a visual to solidify its meaning.



2 comments:

  1. Is this site no longer available? I can't seem to get it to work. It's a blank page when I go to http://blachan.com/shahi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that it is no longer a valid website! :( It's a shame because it was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Create an Interactive Math Calculator Using Claude AI

  Did you know that you can use AI for more than just looking up information? I experimented with using Claude AI to generate an interactive...