#ISTE Gems: Want to Create Your Own App?

Have you ever wanted to create your own App? I know that is something that I have been very interested in doing, but I just didn't have the time and resources necessary to learn the coding required.

While I was at #ISTE13, I walked by a demonstration called AppShed. With a few clicks of a mouse, you can very easily create your own App and have the ability to share it with others. My demonstrator showed us how he was going to make an App that featured the Pixar movie Cars. It literally took him 10 minutes to put together the App, which featured links, pictures, and YouTube videos. When he was finished, he shared the address of the App through a QR code. All of us were able to download it onto our iPhones and use it immediately!

Imagine the possibilities of AppShed in our classrooms. We could design an App for students to study for the chapter test on Friday. We could design an App with summer resources to help promote summer reading! Regardless of the grade level, this could be very useful to educators, parents, and students.

I am pondering some ideas of my own for next year. How about you? Leave comment ideas below.

Although there are several different priced versions, there is a free version of AppShed available. It does contain ads and limits the amount of downloading and data that you can use; however, it can be very useful to creating an App for your classroom. Give it a try and let me know what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Tips for Building Better Learning Goals

Goals are not just the foundation; they are the roadmap for effectively planning a UDL lesson. They often serve as a roadmap, providing stud...