- 2:30 - 3:30 pm - Don't Be a One and Done @ Hotel Hershey Starlight East
- 4:45 - 5:45 pm - Using LiveBinders to Address All Learners
@ Hershey Lodge Cocoa5
If every student does not learn the same way, then why are we requiring students read the same way? Read&Write is an awesome Chrome extension that provides scaffolds and supports for struggling readers.
How does it work?
Step 1: Go to the Chrome Store and install it on your Chrome browser.
Step 2: As you travel the Internet, create a Google Doc, or read a PDF, an icon will appear on your address bar. This icon lets you know that Read&Write can be enabled. Select the icon and you will see a variety of tools to help your struggling readers.
I enjoy pressing play and listening to my entire document (highlighted sections of the text) being read to me by a non-electronic sounding voice.
What Else Can it Do?
Read&Write is a powerful accessibility tool for all student to gain confidence with not only reading, but writing as well. Here are some of it's awesome features (directly from the website):
- See the meaning of words explained with text and picture dictionaries
- Hear text translated into other languages
- Get suggestions while you are typing for words to type
- Highlight text in documents or webpages to use in other documents later.
- Simplify and summarize text on web pages
Clicks 4 a Cause:
Hailey is a vibrant 4-year-old, who recently developed a mass on her kidney in late January 2015. It is a cancerous, stage IV "Wilms" tumor that has spread to her lungs and liver. She and her family need our thoughts, prayers, and financial support. During the month of February, I will donate a penny to Hailey's medical fund. This goes a long way! In the past, we have raised over $400 for children in need.