Fixing Incorrect Badge Count on Your Dock in Yosemite

I recently noticed that the badge count for Messages on my Dock was incorrect on my Macbook Air. I am currently running Yosemite and have noticed that this happens from time to time. It would not disappear however many times that I opened messages, then open and closed the application.

Here is a quick way to fix the problem for any badge count issues:

1. Make sure that you close completely out of Messages (Apple Q).

2. Conduct a spotlight search (top-right corner of your screen) and type in Terminal.












3. Once the Terminal opens up, run the following command killall Dock


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Medium is the Message: Using UDL to Provide Multiple Means of Representation

Canadian philosopher and author Marshall McLuhan  introduced the popular phrase “the medium is the message” in his groundbreaking 1964 book ...